Acceptance     Application     Details      Eligibility     History     Home Ownership      Types      Who Can Apply

Refinancing your loans can help

Although funding for Section 8 programs is largely from the federal government, applications are all done locally. In order to apply for Section 8 Housing Assistance in your area, you need to contact the local Public Housing Authority. If further assistance is required, you can also contact the nearest Housing and Urban Development office.

Unfortunately, even if you apply and are eligible, you may not receive your Housing Voucher for many years. This is because the waiting lists in many areas are huge and have multi-year wait times.

Additionally, local Public Housing Authorities may decide to set some preferences for selecting applicants from the waiting list. In many cases this is done for homeless families or families in substandard housing, the involuntarily displaced, or families paying over 50% of their income in rent. is an informational and advice site designed to help consumers with the Section 8 housing program.  Privacy Policy